Grant applications are accepted year round with no specific application deadline.
The WWDC funds 75% of eligible costs up a maximum of $400,000. The sponsor is responsible for the remaining 25% of costs.
Who is eligible?
Incorporated cities and towns, water and sewer districts, and improvement and service districts.
Funding is provided to conduct exploration and feasibility studies to use groundwater for municipal and rural domestic uses. The studies involve the drilling and casing of exploration wells that can later be converted to water supply wells for public water supply systems, operated by one of the eligible sponsors listed above.